Christmas is a busy time of year, so this checklist should make travel planning easier.
Christmas is such a busy time of year, so use our checklist to ensure that nothing slips between the cracks on your travel to-do list.
- Have all prescriptions for any medications filled at the pharmacy before you leave.
- Cancel any newspaper or magazine deliveries.
- Let your neighbours know that you will be away and arrange for them to take out and bring in your rubbish bins.
- Take copies of important documentation, for example: passports, travel insurance and store one electronically and leave a second copy (either electronic or a hard copy) with a friend or family member who will be available to access them in case of an emergency.
If travelling by plane:
- Do not wrap presents and place in your luggage as you may be asked to show them as you pass through security.
- Allow extra time to get to the airport in case of congestion.
- If driving to the airport yourself, book a parking space in advance.
- When taking a taxi to the airport, book a day or two in advance to avoid delays.
Can you suggest any other items that should be included in our checklist?
Download a PDF of this checklist.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles