Budget Bacon and Egg Tartlets
Nothing goes better together than bacon, egg and cheese and these simple tartlets can be rustled up in no time and won’t break the budget.
4 slices wholegrain sandwich bread with crusts removed
60ml low fat milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon spring onions, chopped
1 slice smoked bacon
30g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 220°C
2. Grill bacon and cut into small pieces
3. Lightly spray each side of the bread with cooking oil and press each slice into the cup of a muffin tin. Bake 10 minutes until bread is lightly toasted and allow to cool slightly.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 180°
5. Whisk together milk and eggs and season with salt and pepper if preferred. Pour the mixture evenly between the four bread cup and sprinkle with bacon and spring onions.
6. Top each tartlet with cheese and bake for 15 minutes until set.
Can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, with a light green salad if you’re looking for something more substantial.
Register now, it’s free to
- Receive our enewsletter, read a recent issue
- Enter competitions
- Join our meeting place