YourLifeChoices is committed to producing content that is up-to-date, independent and authoritative and based upon essential resources that can be accessed by Australians seeking retirement solutions.
Our content helps Australians who are entering, or already in, retirement to know their rights and their entitlements, to manage their income and to stay up-to-date with retirement rules and regulations.
All content that is featured on YourLifeChoices should observe the following guidelines:
- Ensure that all news and informative articles are factual, accurate and not misleading.
- Where opinion is given, this must be clearly marked as such.
- Opinions should be based on fact and should not omit key facts.
- Should content be published that is erroneous, immediate remedial action is required by way of a published correction.
- Articles must be written with reasonable fairness and balance.
- Any information sources and quotes should be correctly attributed. Outright plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Should an article refer in a negative manner to an individual, a fair opportunity of right to reply should be given in a subsequent publication.
- Editorial must not encroach on an individual’s right to privacy unless it is substantially in the public interest to do so.
- Nor should it contribute to, or cause substantial offence, distress or prejudice, nor constitute a risk to health and safety.
- Should not have been sourced by unfair or deceptive means.
- Should avoid, or in instances where avoidance is not possible, be upfront about, conflict of interest.
- Clearly be marked (sponsored content) if it has been paid for or provided by a commercial partner.
Furthermore, YourLifeChoices content will be written in plain English, in an informative and concise manner.
References to sources and further material will be clearly marked.
Where content refers to difficult or confronting topics, such as suicide or abuse, sources of assistance should be noted at the end of the content piece.
None of the content YourLifeChoices offers will provide unqualified advice (including financial, medical, legal or other). It is general information only and will offer links to accredited resources where further information can be sourced. We will, however, on occasion publish articles written by qualified experts in their fields.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles