YourLifeChoices attended the Budget Media Lock up this year so that we could be the first to bring you all the Budget news and how the Federal Budget 2017/18 will affect your retirement and retirement plans.
Budget 2017 is a tame exercise designed to score political points, kickstart a weak economy and placate many special interest groups. And this it does rather successfully with the following measures announced:
- Older Australians given incentive to downsize
- Pension Concession Cards will be reinstated to 92,000 pensioners
- Age Pension portability changes scrapped
- First home buyers to fast track savings using their super funds
- Age Pension residence requirement to increase
- Better access to Medicare bulk billing and PBS
- $13.9 billion of previous Budget measures have been dumped
The Australia Institute has calculated how much the bank levy will cost if it’s passed ...
Plans are still afoot to increase the Age Pension qualifying age.
There may be a financial sting in the tail for those considering downsizing.
Coalition attacks Labor for not backing a universal Medicare levy hike to fund the NDIS.
Marcus Padley looks at what the bank levy means for bank shares.
Will new one-stop shop make financial disputes easier to resolve?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles