Insurance, accidents & your rights

Retirement is something we all look forward to – it’s when you’ll finally have more time to travel, meet new people, and hang out with your old friends. You also get to dedicate time to help out your family and take care of your grandchildren.

But if you have an accident, all of that – including your life itself – can be turned upside down in an instant. You could end up losing your independence and become dependent on others. Doctors, attendant caregivers, family and friends will have to help you manage your injuries and your life for as long as you live.

The good news is, however, that you can be insured for whatever accident or injury you have. If your accident occurred in a public or private place, you can access public liability insurance. For a motor vehicle accident, a claim can be made to the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). If your accident involved the medical negligence of a doctor or a hospital, then it can be covered by professional indemnity insurance.

It’s important that you receive advice from a specialist personal injury law firm so you can fully understand the scope of assistance available before making an insurance compensation claim. Personal injury lawyers can work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your claim and, if possible, avoid court litigation.

They will help you on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, so you don’t have to worry about paying any legal fees unless they win your case at the end.

So if you or someone you know are injured in the future, you can have a free consultation with specialist personal injury law firm, Henry Carus + Associates. Visit and fill out the enquiry form, or call on 1800 525 018.

Written by Sponsored Content