Making an insurance claim

How do you maximise your compensation payout in the event of making a claim?

Making an insurance claim

Insurance is the one thing that is always there for you in an accident, but how do you maximise your compensation payout in the event of making a claim?

Wendy Kleyn has been helping retirees with their accident claims for over a decade. During that time she has sought compensation for a whole range of diverse accidents – from falls in shopping centres to accidents on the golf course.

One common theme she regularly encounters, however, is the apprehension retirees have towards seeking compensation.

“Understandably, retirees don’t like making a bother and are often concerned about the time or cost that may need to be invested into claiming compensation,” explained Wendy.

“It is important to remember though that accidents are an unfortunate and very real fact of life, and for that reason there is insurance available to financially assist you when they do happen.”

If your accident occurred in a public or private place, public liability insurance can be accessed. For motor vehicle accidents, claims are made to the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). If the accident involved the medical negligence of a doctor or a hospital, then professional indemnity insurance is there to cover this. It’s important to get the right advice though, and a specialist personal injury law firm can help you fully understand the scope of assistance available.

“Personal injury lawyers can work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your claim and ideally avoid any court litigation,” explained Wendy.

“And with services delivered on a ‘no win, no fee’ term, you get peace of mind in knowing that you won’t owe any legal costs if the matter is not successful.”

So next time you or someone you know is injured, put aside concerns about making a bother or having to face lengthy and costly court proceedings. Put your health and financial future first.

For a free consult with specialist personal injury law firm, Henry Carus + Associates, visit and fill out the enquiry form, or call 1800 525 018.


    To make a comment, please register or login