300 ways to save money
VicSuper has put together a handy PDF to help you get your money in order. With information on saving smarter, creating a personal spending plan, untangling your superannuation and an introduction to investing for women, this ebooklet is a great reasource. To get you started YOURLifeChoices shares 10 of the 300 ways to save money suggested.
- Save on your power bill by washing in cold water.
- Turn the thermostat down on your water system.
- For coffee lovers – buy an espresso machine. A large initial outlay could save you hundreds!
- Don’t use standby. Australian households spend almost $1 billion per year in standby power. It’s around 10 per cent of the average electricity bill.
- Clean the clutter off the top of your fridge. Poor ventilation can add up to 15 per cent of the energy cost of running your fridge.
- Need to redo your garden? Ask family and friends for cuttings or bulbs from their established plants and save a fortune!
- Use your oven on fan-forced rather than conventional as it uses around 30 per cent less energy.
- Do your laundry during off-peak times if your contract has an off-peak option.
- Install a water-efficient showerhead to save up to $100 per year.
- Don’t build too much storage. The more storage space we have, the more stuff we buy to fill it!
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles