Give your local Thai takeaway a miss and whip up our succulent Thai Beef and Bean Stir-fry version instead. It’s simple to prepare and much healthier than a purchased version. In our eyes, this is definitely the best Thai beef dish out there.
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, roots and stems
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g beef fillet, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 50g mixed mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, button)
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 30ml chicken stock
In a food processor, combine the coriander, chilli and garlic to make a paste.
Next, heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef slices and the garlic paste and fry for two or three minutes, until the meat is golden grown. Then, add the mushrooms, beans, soy sauce, oyster sauce and stock. Cook for two minutes until the beans are just tender.
Divide stir-fry into two bowls and use any excess coriander leaves and chilli to garnish. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Tip: Coriander roots and stems are full of flavour. Instead of discarding them, use them to enhance the flavour of your stir-fry.