This Mediterranean-style pasta recipe is one you must add to your repertoire. It will not only make your mouth water but your guests will also be impressed by your culinary skills.
- 375g large shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 100g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- Extra baby basil leaves, to serve
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until just tender and then drain. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the bacon and eggplant and cooking for five minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for a further minute.
Add tomato pasta sauce and bring to the boil before stirring in the olives and reducing heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and basil to the sauce and stir.
Serve pasta with ricotta and basil leaves.