Using just seven ingredients, this basic recipe can be prepared in under 15 minutes!
Why not swap your usual beef burger with our quick and simple fish patties? Using just seven ingredients, this basic recipe can be prepared in under 15 minutes! To really own this dish, add anything you like to the mix – peas, corn, capsicum!
Serve on toasted focaccia with cream cheese, or on their own as a light snack.
Makes: 2 patties
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- handful of thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 small salmon fillet, skinned and chopped (or fish of your choice)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
In a large bowl, combine red onion, basil and salmon and mix well. Add egg white, hot pepper sauce and breadcrumbs, stirring to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium–high heat. Divide mixture into two equal portions, shaping into patties about 1/2-inch thick. Cook burgers in fry pan for a few minutes on each side.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles