Simple and inexpensive ingredients make for an easy fix to your weeknight dinnertime.
Today's recipe for Baked Chipolatas with Root Vegetables (or your choice of veggies) is the kind of meal that you can rustle up in a few minutes, leaving the oven to do its work while you do something else.
Serves: Three to four
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 400g chipolata sausages
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes (it is good idea to parboil the potatoes, but it is not essential)
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, sliced 1-inch thick
- 120ml chicken stock
- 4 cloves of garlic, skin left on
- 4–5 strips of lemon zest (use a potato peeler)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh sprigs of thyme (you can use 1 teaspoon dried thyme as a substitute)
If you’re parboiling the potatoes, do this first, then remove to cool at room temperature.
Preheat your oven to 200°C. Using your largest baking/roasting tray, evenly spread out all the ingredients. If using dried thyme, sprinkle over the ingredients at this point. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pour in the chicken stock.
Bake in a preheated oven for about one hour until golden brown, turning the potatoes and sausages about halfway through.
Remove from oven; toss together with the fresh thyme if you have it and serve.
Image is a serving suggestion
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles