Why not try this simple, stress free recipe for an all-time favourite winter warmer, a Beef and Bean Chilli. A delicious one-pot dish of Beef and Bean Chilli is a great way to warm up the family on a lazy winter afternoon.
Time: Five hours
- 350 grams ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
In a large pan cook the beef, onion, sweet pepper and garlic over medium heat until browned. Drain fat. Transfer meat mixture to a slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, cocoa powder, chilli powder, cumin, and paprika.
Cover and cook on a high-heat setting for four to five hours. Serve with rice or sourdough bread if desired.