Try this beautiful berry and white chocolate mousse dessert.
With summer just around the corner, this divine berry and white chocolate mousse dessert will get your taste buds dancing!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 100 g white chocolate melts
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 80 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 125 g berries, such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or a combination of all three
- 1/2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine the berries in a saucepan and cook for three minutes until mixture turns into a syrup. Set aside to cool, then distribute between 2-4 serving dishes.
For the mousse, place the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water.
In a bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar until soft peaks start to form.
Whisk the egg yolks, then stir into the chocolate mixture.
Fold the egg whites and cream into the mixture and spoon over the top of the berries.
Place in the refrigerator to set.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles