Why not try this tasty winter soup? The caraway and cumin give an added zing.
- 40g butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
Melt the butter in a pan, cook onion and ginger until fragrant. Add carrots and cook for around eight minutes. Stir in caraway and cumin, cook until fragrant. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes.
Blend in a food processor until smooth, season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley and chilli flakes.