An oldie but a goodie, our Chicken and Sweetcorn soup is chock full of flavour.
An oldie but a goodie, our Chicken and Sweetcorn soup is chock full of flavour, with garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and sweet chilli. Double the recipe to enjoy delicious leftovers the next day.
Time: 40 minutes
- 500g chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 can (420g) creamed corn
- 1/2 can (125g) corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
In a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add the stock, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, half the onion and one cup of cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes. Add the chicken, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce, and stir to combine. Simmer for a further 10 minutes. Gradually stir in the egg white and then oil. Serve with the remaining onion on top.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles