This Greek-inspired chicken salad is a warm weather winner for dinner.
This Greek-inspired chicken salad is a warm-weather winner for dinner. Quick and easy to serve, and it’s healthy and filling as well. Serve with pita bread and hummus to complete the Greek meal.
Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 170g chicken
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Place chicken breast in a medium saucepan. Add lightly salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and chop into chunks. Whisk vinegar, oil, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion, olives and feta; toss to coat.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles