No time for lunch? No problem. This Chicken Salad is healthy, hearty and quick! The perfect solution for lunch on the go without compromising on fresh, healthy ingredients.
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy.
Place bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to pan and cook, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
In a medium bowl, add the chicken and BBQ sauce, and gently toss to combine then set aside.
Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and add rows of bacon, BBQ chicken, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, corn and beans.