A super simple Chicken Salad which is healthy, hearty and quick. Perfect for lunch on the go!
No time for lunch? No problem. This Chicken Salad is healthy, hearty and quick! The perfect solution for lunch on the go without compromising on fresh, healthy ingredients.
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy.
Place bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to pan and cook, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
In a medium bowl, add the chicken and BBQ sauce, and gently toss to combine then set aside.
Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and add rows of bacon, BBQ chicken, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, corn and beans.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles