Loaded with flavour and fresh ingredients, this salad is a great accompaniment for your BBQ this weekend.
Loaded with flavour and fresh ingredients, this delicious Chorizo and Asparagus Salad will be a great accompaniment for your BBQ this weekend.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 chorizo sausages, halved and sliced on an angle
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup rocket, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chilli powder
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the sweet potato in a baking dish with one tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl.
Cook the chorizo sausage for 3-4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Add to the asparagus with the sweet potato, spring onion, parsley and rocket.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and toss through the salad before serving.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles