These delicious crab cakes make a lovely light lunch or a delicious entrée. Serve them with a dipping sauce of your choice, we suggest sweet chilli.
- 250g white fish fillets (boneless)
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lime rind, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, finely sliced
- 170g can crab meat, drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
Place fish fillets, curry paste, fish sauce, egg, sugar and garlic in a food processor. Blend for around 20 seconds until mixture forms a thick paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add lime rind, coriander, spring onions, beans and crab meat. Form into balls (makes around 32). Flatten each into a patty.
Warm oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Working in batches, fry cakes until golden on both sides – around one-two minutes each side. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
Serve with a salad and a dipping sauce, e.g. sweet chilli.