This soup is quick, easy and light, and a great way to add some extra veggies to your diet.
This soup is quick, easy and light, and a great way to add some extra veggies to your diet. Perfect for a light lunch or as an entrée before a main meal.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 5 large carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until translucent. Stir through curry powder and cook for one minute. Add stock, carrots and potato. Bring to the boil. The cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Puree in a blender until smooth, adding a little extra water if needed. Return to the saucepan and reheat before serving. Garnish with sour cream if you wish.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles