Our Curried Coconut Chicken Salad is a delicious way to make use of leftover chicken.
Today’s Curried Coconut Chicken Salad is a delicious and exotic way to make use of last night’s leftover chicken – and you can enjoy it as a main meal or as a scrumptious side.
Time: 20 minutes
- 300g coconut milk (not light coconut milk), divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken, dark or white meat
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates, divided
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios, divided
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
In a bowl, mix 3/4 cup coconut milk with curry powder, onion powder, salt, mustard seeds, cilantro. Toss the shredded chicken through the mixture, making sure to coat it well.
In a blender, combine 2/3 cup coconut milk, orange juice, 1/4 cup dates and 1/4 cup pistachios.
Pour the remaining coconut milk into a blender. Add in the orange juice, 1/4 cup dates, and 1/4 cup pistachios, blending until the dressing is smooth. Toss and coat dressing over lettuce. Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the coconut to toast, stirring frequently until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Serve chicken salad over lettuce, garnished with the toasted coconut and remaining pistachios (optional). Serve immediately.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles