This recipe makes two loaves, so you can enjoy one for morning tea today and freeze the other to serve another day.
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 80g butter, diced
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 cups gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease two loaf pans and line with baking paper.
Place dates, soda and butter in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Stir to combine and allow to sit for five minutes.
Stir sugar into the date mixture. When the sugar has dissolved add the banana, yoghurt, egg and vanilla paste. Fold in the sifted flour then spoon into the prepared tins. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles