Our Simple Fruit Slice is sweet, delicious and easy to make.
Easy Breezy Fruit Slice
This fruit slice has become one of my favourites, because it is so easy to make. It’s extremely versatile because you can use any dried fruit you have at home and, best of all, it’s delicious.
- 250g butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 450g of mixed vine fruits (sultanas, currants, raisins, cranberries – whatever you like)
- 600g self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt butter and dissolve in brown sugar – stir to combine then let cool for five minutes
- Add three beaten eggs and vine fruits
- Stir in flour and then spread batter into a greased tray to about 1.5cm–2cm thickness
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until it’s brown and still a little fluid in centre. It will set on cooling
- Slice when cool.
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles