These Easy Lamb Kebabs are low on calories and full of flavour.
These Easy Lamb Kebabs are low on calories and full of flavour, and are perfect for fasting days or those looking for a light meal.
267 calories per portion
Serves four, making eight kebabs
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the kebabs
- 700g lean lamb, cubed and trimmed of excess fat
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges (keep the root intact)
- 2 courgettes, cut into 3cm rounds
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl or plastic bag. Add the lamb and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, or preferably overnight. Prepare the kebabs on metal skewers, alternating meat and veggies and ending with a lemon wedge. Brush with any remaining marinade. Cook under a hot grill for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally and spooning over any excess marinade. These are great barbecued, of course, or cooked on a hot griddle pan.
Optional extra: add mushrooms or aubergine cubes to boost your veggie intake.
Fast Cook by Mimi Spencer
Allen and Unwin
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles