Enjoy this creamy rice pudding hot or cold with stewed fruit
A variation on an old favourite, this easy rice pudding can be whipped up in just five minutes and is a great way to use up leftover rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup medium grain rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup thickened cream (this can be exchanged for milk)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a pot over medium-to-low heat and stir for five minutes until combined. Serve warm or cold. This rice pudding is lovely when sprinkled with cinnamon, topped with a fruit compote or paired with stewed sweetened rhubarb.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles