Using steam as a cooking method keeps this lamb recipe healthier than most. Infusing the meat with fresh herbs and mustard makes the lamb super tasty.
- 300g lamb backstrap of tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 320g chat potatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Verjuice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Lamb: Trim the lamb and spread with the mustard. Combine all the herbs, season with salt and pepper. Roll the lamb in the herbs until completely covered.
Roll the lamb tightly in cling wrap, twist at both ends then roll it again in baking paper, fastening it at both ends with string.
Steam over boiling water for 12 minutes, remove and rest for five minutes before slicing.
Potato salad: Slice the potatoes and steam until just done. Toss with the capers and red onion.
Combine the mayonnaise, yoghurt and Verjuice, and season with salt and pepper. Add to the potatoes and combine with the mint.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles