A family favourite and a healthy option for dinner, this soup will warm you up in no time.
A perfect recipe to warm up your heart and soothe any ails. This classic recipe with a twist will keep the whole family happy and is also low in fat and high in protein.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2L (8 cups) chicken stock, heated
- 150g thin dried egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 250g smoked chicken breast, shredded (available from delis and gourmet food shops)
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-low heat before adding the leek and cooking for six to eight minutes, while stirring until soft. Add the carrot and celery, and continue to stir until soft. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the noodles and cook for six minutes or until tender. Add the peas and cook for a final two minutes, then stir through the chicken and simmer for a further minute or until warmed through.
Serve and enjoy!
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles