Spice up your dinner with this healthy Indian Quinoa dish with chicken.
Spice up meal times with this healthy Indian Quinoa dish with chicken. You will not be disappointed with this ‘super food’ which will keep you satisfied for longer.
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 long green chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) quinoa
- 1/2 cup (110g) green split peas
- 3 cups (750ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 80g baby spinach leaves, roughly shredded
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop. Add curry leaves, garam masala, chilli and onion, and cook until onion is golden and spices are aromatic. Add quinoa and peas, and stir to coat in spice mixture. Add stock and one cup of boiling water. Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes, then add chicken and spinach and heat through for five minutes. Season to taste and serve garnished with extra curry leaves.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles