The Zespri SunGold Chia Trifle combines nutrient-dense kiwifruit with the protein- and fibre-rich chia seeds.
The ZespriSunGold Chia Trifle combines nutrient-dense kiwifruit with the protein- and fibre-rich chia seeds. It makes a nourishing breakfast or the perfect snack at any time.
- 4 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean, scraped)
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for layering
- 1 tablespoon mint, washed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, crushed
- extra maple syrup, for drizzling
Soak chia seeds in water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the chopped Kiwifruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla.Add chia mix,thenblend in a food processoruntil smooth.Distribute half the mixture into individual serving glasses.Layer with sliced kiwifruit, mint and add more chia mixture.Then add a layer of yoghurt.Continue this process so you have two layers of chia and two layers of kiwifruit, to create a trifle effect.Set in fridge for four hours or overnight.Garnish with crushed macadamias and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Recipe published by kind permission of Zespri Kiwifruit
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles