These Lamb Cutlets with Horseradish Rosti are perfect for a special meal.
This might be the best recipe for lamb cutlets you’ve seen. The crunchy rosti coating paired with the kick of fresh horseradish turn this favourite cut of lamb into a perfect summer meal.
Time: 40 minutes
- 800g potatoes (such as King Edward, Pontiac or Desiree)
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish (opt for the jar if fresh is difficult to source)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 8 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
Horseradish and peppercorn cream
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 5 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes. Using a clean tea towel, wring out as much water as you can. Place grated potato into a mixing bowl with horseradish, egg yolks and fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Using your hands, cover each cutlet with about 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture. Leave the bone exposed.
Heat oil over medium heat, using a non-stick frypan. Fry cutlets in batches for about 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden.
Transfer cutlets to a lined baking tray and cook for an additional 5 minutes to ensure that they are cooked through.
To make the horseradish cream, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Remove cutlets from the oven and let rest for a few minutes.
Serve immediately with the horseradish cream.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles