What to do when the cupboard is bare, but garden salad is plentiful? Why not try this light and delicious smoked tuna salad for a healthy family meal?
What to do when the cupboard is bare – but summer fruit and salad is plentiful? Why not try this light and delicious smoked tuna salad for a hearty family meal?
- Smoked tuna – 200-300 gram
- Iceberg lettuce – 4 leaves
- 1 large tomato
- Peeled and diced Lebanese cucumber
- Chopped half mango
- Finely diced small red onion
- Two spring onions, chopped
- Handful macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon white vinegar
- Juice of one small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek or crushed chilli
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Salt & pepper to taste
Wash and dry lettuce leaves and tear into bite sized pieces, lay on base of large salad bowl. On top pile chopped tomato, cucumber, red onion, shallots, mango, and macadamia nuts. Tear tuna into small pieces and place on top. Mix all dressing ingredients, pour over salad and gently toss.
Serve with fresh bread, butter and a nice crisp white wine – try a reisling or a sauvignon blanc.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles