Easy to throw together and healthy for your heart
This lower-cholesterol version of ratatouille is easy to throw together and healthy for your heart.
You might also like to layer it with chicken or lamb, or for a vegetarian option add some chickpeas.
Ingredients (serves three)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 eggplant, cut into slices
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into pieces
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 200ºC (180º fan forced).
Heat the oil in a baking dish, then add the eggplant, zucchini, onion, both capsicums, garlic and rosemary, stirring to coat everything with herbs and oil. Top with tomato and bake for 45 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve warm.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles