Low-fat Bacon and Cauliflower Soup
Tasty soups are a great option for lunch or dinner and the best thing is, you can freeze what you don’t eat for another meal. This Bacon and Cauliflower Soup is low in fat, but high on taste.
- 450g cauliflower florets
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 125g lean bacon, cubed
- 750g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 25g reduced fat butter
- 1 litre reduced salt vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and a handful of parsley to garnish
Melt the butter in a large pot and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the bacon, potatoes and cauliflower florets.
Add the stock to the pot and bring to the boil. Season to taste. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles