This colourful Mexican Quesadilla recipe will prove irresistible to anyone.
Our mouth-watering Mexican Quesadillas are filled with fresh vegetables and melted cheese and will prove simply irresistible to anyone who sees and smells them.
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 white corn tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 thin slices tomato, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- light dairy sour cream (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
In a large pan cook sweet pepper, onion, and red chilli in hot oil over medium-high heat until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat. Lightly coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. On the uncoated side of two of the tortillas, divide half of the cheese. Top with onion mixture, tomato slices, the tablespoon of coriander, and the remaining cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, coated sides up. Heat a very large pan over medium heat. Cook quesadillas for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm and, if desired, with sour cream, additional coriander and lime wedges.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles