Our No-bake Lemon Coconut Squares are a no-fuss, inexpensive sweet treat.
With just a few inexpensive ingredients, you can whip up a batch of today’s Lemon Coconut Squares without even turning on the oven.
Makes: 15 squares
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 250g milk arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
Gently heat condensed milk and butter in small saucepan, stirring until butter has melted and mixture is combined. Mix biscuits, lemon rind and coconut, then add warm mixture and combine by hand. Press into greased 28cm x 18cm tin and refrigerate for one hour.
Combine icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in bowl. Mix well to make a smooth paste. Spread over top of the slice and sprinkle with coconut. When icing has set, cut the slice into squares.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles