Peanut Butter Blondies are a fun twist on the traditional chocolate brownie.
Peanut butter and jelly doesn’t have to be restricted to American children or their lunchboxes. Try these Peanut Butter Blondies for a sweet treat!
Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 (275g) cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts (honey roasted peanuts are delicious)
- Sea salt
Heat oven to 175°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and one teaspoon of salt.
Fold dry ingredients into wet.
Pour batter into prepared cake pan and dollop with the strawberry jam. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Bake in the oven for 25–40 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles