While a simple recipe, our Mashed Potato Cakes still taste delicious.
Our Mashed Potato Cakes are easy to make, yet the flavours are wonderful. Why not whip up a batch when a craving for comfort food strikes?
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups freshly mashed or leftover potatoes
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk, as required
Preheat oven to 200°C. Sift flour into a bowl and then add butter, salt and the dill. Mix in mashed potatoes with just enough milk to blend ingredients into a soft dough. Form round cakes with your hands, about 7-8cm in diameter and 15mm thick. Place the cakes onto a greased baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, without turning, until golden. Serve warm.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles