Often overlooked as a tasty addition to a salad, this pumpkin dish combines red capsicum with a tangy goats cheese dressing.
- 1 1/2 – 2 kg butternut pumpkin, diced
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pinenuts, toasted
- 125g goats cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chermoula
Marinade the pumpkin for 30 minutes.
Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and cook at 180ºC for 20 minutes. Add the capsicum and cook for a further 20 minutes.
In a bowl mix together the basil, pine-nuts, goats cheese and chermoula.
Remove the pumpkin and capsicum from the oven and sprinkle with the goats cheese dressing.
Toss all the ingredients together and serve in a shallow salad bowl. Can be served on a bed of shredded lettuce.