Try our Red Velvet Mug Cake when you are craving something sweet and are short of time.
If you are craving something sweet but don’t have a lot of time to bake a whole cake, why not try our one-minute Red Velvet Mug Cake? It is unbelievably easy, quick and tasty. It will become one of your go to recipes when you want a dessert for one.
Time: Five minutes (not including cooling time)
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red food colouring
Cream cheese frosting (enough for two)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4–6 tablespoons granulated sugar
Using a small whisk, mix all cake ingredients into an oversized microwave-safe mug, until batter is smooth. Cook cake in microwave for one minute. Let cake cool for about 30 minutes. While waiting, make the cream cheese frosting by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mixing on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles