Enjoy a refreshing and electrolyte-boosting summer drink.
This is a refreshing drink to help replace your fluids on those hot Australian summer days. The flavour can be a bit intense for some, so feel free to dilute with more mineral water. Also please note that this might have too much salt for those on a low-sodium diet. The lemon-ginger mixture can be made a day ahead. Be sure to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and stir vigorously before adding the mineral water.
Time: 10 minutes
- 10cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 3/4 cups mineral or coconut water
Finely grate the fresh ginger. Using a soft spatula, press solids through a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl. You should be left with about one teaspoon of ginger juice.
Combine all ingredients in a large measuring cup or bowl. Stir in the mineral water. Pour into two glasses filled with ice.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles