Our quick Rhubarb Crisp recipe is an easy spring dessert.
Nothing says spring like rhubarb! Our quick-to-prepare, two-serve Rhubarb Crisp recipe is an easy way to get dessert on the table anytime.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 180°C.Toss rhubarb, apple, granulated sugar, tapioca and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Divide between two 1 x 1 1/4 oven-safe ramekins
Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, butter, syrup, salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture. Bake until bubbling and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool for five minutes before serving.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles