The perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken, fish or steak.
- 800g carrots, peeled and cut into slices diagonally
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the carrot and oil in a roasting dish and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes then sprinkle with half the cumin seeds. Stir, then return the dish to the over and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well combined. Serve while still warm.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles