Why not give the potato a rest for a while and try this rice dish for a change?
Wild rice is a healthier alternative to those white potatoes in your pantry. Prepared with roasted vegetables and a citrusy yogurt sauce, this meal is full of wholegrain goodness and flavour. Enjoy as a side dish for dinner and save some for lunch the next day.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 250g wild rice (if gluten free, please check label)
- 1/3 (35g) cup walnuts or almonds, toasted
- 30g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste, found at your supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Preheat your oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place onion, capsicum and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl, drizzling with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle over with paprika and cumin, season with salt and pepper. Toss through to coat evenly. Spread vegetables out onto the prepared baking tray and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until just tender. Prepare rice as per instructions. Meanwhile, prepare the yoghurt sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Combine roasted vegetables, rice, nuts and rocket in a large bowl. Serve immediately with sauce on the side.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles