A quick pizza topping recipe for those of you with no time on your hands.
With a pre-made pizza base, a few fresh toppings and a good recipe, you're never more than 15 minutes away from a yummy dinner. Try this one for a spicy sausage and eggplant topping!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tomato & basil sausages, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 150g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 440g pizza base with tomato sauce
- 150g chargrilled eggplant
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- Rocket leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 250ºC and preheat a large baking tray in oven. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the sausage meat, stirring with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in the chilli flakes. Arrange the mozzarella over the pizza base. Top with the sausage mixture, eggplant, onion and oregano. Bake until the cheese melts and the base is crisp. Top with the rocket.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles