You will love the delicate Asian flavour of our Simple Steamed Fish Parcels.
Minimal preparation is needed for our Simple Steamed Fish Parcels. Serve them with some steamed rice for a healthy light meal.
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/4 orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated and halved
- 1 small red or yellow capsicum (or 1/2 of each for extra colour), sliced thin
- 2 x 150g white fish fillets
- 3cm piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 long red chilli, thinly sliced (seeds removed, if you want less heat)
- Steamed jasmine rice to serve
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce and garlic. Place 2, 30cm squares of baking paper onto your work surface. Divide bok choy and place onto the squares. Divide half of the capsicum and place on top of the bok choy. Now place the placing the fish on top and then the remaining capsicum and fresh ginger. Drizzle the orange juice mixture over the stack. To make the parcel: carefully bring two opposite sides of the baking paper together and fold over twice to seal. Roll up each end to completely enclose the fish. Place parcels onto a baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove parcels from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Open parcels, all the while taking care to avoid the burning steam! Sprinkle with spring onion and chilli.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles