A tasty salad with a little twist.
Tired of using plain old mince all the time? Why not try this divine meatball salad using turkey mince. With its tangy dressing it makes a perfect lunch or light dinner.
- 3 carrots, cut into 2cm wide strips
- 1 potato, cut into 2cm wide strips
- 1/2 celeriac, cut into 2cm wide strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 400g turkey mince
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 100g salad greens
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place carrot, potato and celeriac in a baking dish. Drizzle over half the oil and season. Bake for 45 minutes then set aside to cool.
Mix mince, basil and fennel seeds together, season and shape into large meatballs. Flatten slightly and cook on the barbeque or in a frying pan.
Combine the remaining oil, parmesan, vinegar, mustard and yoghurt in a bowl. Season.
To serve: scatter salad greens on a platter. Top with the roasted vegetables and meatballs. Drizzle over the dressing.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles