Our Spiced Carrot Biscuits make the perfect bite-sized treats.
Rather than baking a whole cake, why not try Spiced Carrot Biscuits? They make the perfect bite-sized treats for the afternoon.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups white flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted and roasted sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, water, oil, flax and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in carrots and seeds. Scoop dough in tablespoons onto baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and centre is still soft. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles