Spicy Chicken Pitas are a delightful, healthy and tasty meal.
For a healthy and tasty meal for two, try these grilled spiced chicken pitas served with fresh vegetables and a light, tangy yoghurt sauce – delicious.
Time: 30 minutes
- 230 grams boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium whole-wheat pitas, warmed
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/8 cup red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat grill to medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place the chicken on the grill and cook through. Once cooked, let the chicken rest for five minutes. Meanwhile, combine cucumber, yoghurt, coriander, lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Thinly slice the chicken. Cut open the warm pitas and fill with the chicken, yoghurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles