This Spicy Lemon Ginger Chicken makes a tasty meal or finger food.
Today’s Lemon Ginger Chicken is pretty much fool proof and can be served on a bed of jasmine rice or with a side of steamed or stir-fried greens.
Time: 1 hour, plus 2 hours for marinade
- 700g chicken wings or drumettes (or any chicken pieces of your choice)
- lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- fresh ginger, about 1-2 tablespoons grated
- fresh red chillies, 1-2 or more, depending on preference
Combine lemon juice and the rind of one lemon, finely grated ginger, finely chopped or pounded chillies (or sweet paprika if a less spicy dish is desired), honey and salt. Place chicken in freezer bag with marinade. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight in fridge. Make sure chicken is well covered with the marinade, turning the bag a few times will ensure this.
Heat oven to 150°C. Place chicken in a single layer in a lightly oiled baking dish. Bake covered for 40-50 minutes.
Turn oven up to 200°C for the last 5-10 minutes for a golden brown result.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles