Jazz up pumpkin soup and add a bit of a bite.
Pumpkin soup is a perennial favourite but it can become a little boring. This spicy version will help jazz up meal times.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft. Stir in the curry paste, stock and pumpkin. Simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
Remove from the pan and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and stir in the cream cheese and coriander before serving.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles